When I asked on Instagram what to post on the blog next … a lot of people responded with lunch ideas. So here are 3 of my favorite lunch ideas that can be meal prepped for throughout the week or eaten the day of. I hope you enjoy these lunch ideas as much as me and tag me if you re-create them!
1. Chickpea pesto cold pasta salad
This pasta salad is super easy and you can really throw whatever veggies you have in the fridge into this. Also, the amounts of veggies and pasta depend on if you are meal prepping this dish or just making one serving. When I make this for my brothers I tend to not put as many veggies so they don’t complain, lol, so it is really a preference on portions.
- Chickpea pasta (I love the Banza brand that can be found at most supermarkets)
- Baby tomatoes
- Parmesan cheese
- Cook and drain chickpea pasta according to the box.
- Let pasta cool and then add pesto sauce. I always like to do a taste test to see if I need more pesto or not.
- Add preferred amount of veggies.
- Add salt and pepper and top with avocado!
2. Quinoa, chicken, and asparagus bowl
This yummy quinoa bowl is definitely one of my favorites and can be modified again based on whatever fresh veggies you have in the fridge.
- Organic tri-colored quinoa
- Chicken or tofu if vegan/vegetarian
- Adobo seasoning
- Avocado oil
- Cook quinoa according to your box.
- Saute chicken with Adobo seasoning, salt + pepper, and avocado oil.
- Chop asparagus into small pieces and saute in a separate pan with avocado oil (or olive oil), adobo seasoning, and salt + pepper.
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and serve… save the rest in the fridge for later lunches 🙂
3. Chickpea mac n cheese with spinach
This recipe is definitely the easiest and my favorite for a cold and rainy day. I usually make this for my whole family and they don’t even notice that the pasta is made out of chickpeas… it’s that good, haha.
- Banza Chickpea Mac n Cheese
- Cook chickpea pasta as directed on the box.
- After you add in cheese… also add in three handfuls of spinach. Always add more spinach than you think because it really starts to wilt down.
And ta-da, enjoy!
I hope you enjoyed this blog post and found some simple lunch ideas to try out. Let me know what other posts you want me to make and subscribe to my email list to never miss a post! 🙂