This super easy and healthy bagel recipe turned out way better than I expected! They aren’t as fluffy as a regular bagel and they are thin, but they are a great alternative to a regular bagel. I used spelt flour because it is easier to digest and has more protein compared to regular flour but you could try this recipe with whatever type of flour you like best.
- 1 cup of spelt flour
- 3/4 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- 1 cup of greek yogurt
- 1 egg beaten
- sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and spray. (I used coconut oil spray and sprayed on top of the parchment paper to make sure the bagels didn’t stick.)
- Mix dry ingredients together and then add in yogurt.
- The mixture will turn into crumbles and you will have to use your hands to kneed the dough until it doesn’t stick to your hands.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal balls. Create a whole in the ball and stretch it out until it looks like a bagel.
- Whisk the egg in a bowl and brush the egg on the top and bottom of the bagel.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds, salt, and pepper to the top of the bagel.
- Bake for around 20 min.