The easiest lunch to meal prep and throw together for fast lunches during the week – you can pair this veggie patty with a whole grain bun or a bunch of leafy green veggies.
– 1 can of black beans
– 1 can of chickpeas
– 1/2 cup oat flour
– 1 onion diced
– 1 tbsp paprika
– 1 tsp cumin
– 1 tsp chili powder
– 1 flax eggs
– 2 tbsp tahini
– 1 tbsp coconut oil + more for frying
1. Heat oil in a frying pan and add the diced onion and about 1/2 tsp of salt. Cook until softened
2. Dry the beans and chickpeas with a paper towel and place in a large bowl. Use your hands or a potato masher to smash the chickpeas and beans until sticky.
3. Add into the bowl oat flour, egg, tahini, paprika, cumin, chili powder, cooked onion and a dash of salt and pepper.
4. Heat pan with coconut oil and add about 1/4-1/3 cup of the burger onto the pan and flatten with a spatula. Cook for 3-4 minutes until golden and carefully flip to cook another 3-4 minutes.