I think just about everyone has made at least one banana bread during quarantine …haha. So here is my favorite recipe for easy and healthy banana bread… enjoy!
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil (plus more for the pan)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup plain or vanilla greek yogurt
- about 2 medium bananas mashed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups spelt flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chip or any nut of your choice
- Preheat oven to 325F and grease bread pan with coconut oil.
- In a bowl, whisk together dry ingredients (flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, salt).
- In a different bowl, whisk together wet ingredients (eggs, mashed bananas, oil, yogurt, honey, and vanilla) until blended well.
- Stir dry ingredients in with the wet. Adding the chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into greased pan and bake for 53-55 minutes… until a toothpick comes out clean.